Re: list3i etc.

From: Dmitry Antipov
Subject: Re: list3i etc.
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 12:58:09 +0400

On 03/07/2013 11:01 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Can we have a more mnemonically significant names for these, please?
Like list_of_numbers2, list_of_numbers3, etc., for example?

Of course we can. But IMHO they're "mnemonically significant" already,
and the similar approach is widely used here and there. For example,
OpenGL API uses glFoo[sifd] to denote versions of glFoo with short/int/
float/double arguments.

Also, why are they implemented as inline functions?  They call list,
list3, etc. which aren't inlined.

Hm... I guess that we don't want function call overhead for such a simple
things; these might be macros, but it looks like that everyone tends to
use [HEADER]_INLINE instead of them.

Dmitry