Re: org-export raises stringp nil error

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: org-export raises stringp nil error
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 17:20:40 +0900

Bastien writes:

 > I find it hard to draw a clear line between regressions and bugs,
 > especially since Org 7.9.x versions are way behind the current Org
 > master branch.

A regression is a feature that is missing, incomplete, or buggy in the
current HEAD that was present, complete, and correct in some ancestor
of HEAD that preceded the feature freeze.  If it's difficult to
identify regressions by that definition, you probably should not even
try to work on the Emacs prerelease branch except by request of the
release engineer.

Some release engineers (not me ;-) may restrict "ancestor" to be the
previous released version.  All release engineers I know restrict HEAD
and ancestor to versions of the project they manage. ;-)