Re: org-export raises stringp nil error

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: org-export raises stringp nil error
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 17:34:42 +0100

Eli Zaretskii writes:
> That would certainly mean more problems for users to set them up with
> a particular version of Emacs, because there's no longer a clear way
> of getting the version of package X that correspond to Emacs version
> N.M.

As long as ELPA is in Git, that's absolutely no problem.  The exact
version of the package that's going into an Emacs release is tagged with
that version.  Emacs could even pull packages using these tags from ELPA
if the user first decided to install the latest version and then wants
to go back to the "built-in" package version.

And release branches would be the way to handle code freezes.

In any case, doing the built-in packages this way (or something similar)
takes a lot of unecessary churn and merges out of the release process
and I would think that would be a clear advantage to everyone involved.

Regards,
Achim.