Re: Replacing the `elpa' branch

From: Jorgen Schaefer
Subject: Re: Replacing the `elpa' branch
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 11:19:01 +0100

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 09:06:28 +0100
Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> wrote:

> Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I think the first step now is to figure out how to do step 2.
>
> git push git.sv.gnu.org:emacs/elpa will do it.

The problem we have faced I think was that elpa includes a number of
other projects as subtrees (using read-tree). The question was mostly
how to transport this information, in particular the "remote" branches,
to the git repository, as .git/config isn't chared. Alternatively, we
can use submodules for this. I'm not deep enough into git to understand
whether one or the other is "better" here.

Especially considering the one package using svn. I never used git-svn
for anything but trivial tasks, so I again have no idea how to include
that without a separate git repository that only tracks the svn one.

Regards,
        -- Jorgen