Re: org-export raises stringp nil error

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: org-export raises stringp nil error
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 19:03:15 +0100

Hi Stephen,

> The packages, OTOH, have little to lose, and they will enjoy their
> freedom to release on their own schedule.

Just a note on this: being part of Emacs does not put any constraint
on Org's release schedule.

When the last Org version cannot be part of Emacs (e.g. because of
a feature freeze), we just need to maintain a dedicated branch for
changes that will end up in Emacs.  But we can release Org major
versions when we want.

Of course, when the Org release is far ahead of the Org version that
comes with Emacs, users want to use the last stable version and update
through GNU ELPA or by installing Org separately.  And the incentive
for maintainers to update Org within Emacs frequently decreases...

But this has no real impact on Org's schedule I think.

2 cts,

--
 Bastien