Re: Copyright/Distribution questions (Emacs/Orgmode)

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: Copyright/Distribution questions (Emacs/Orgmode)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 15:39:31 +0100

Am 11.03.2013 13:53, schrieb Stephen J. Turnbull:
Andreas Röhler writes:

  > Anyway, stressing the need of copyright assignment might spread the
  > illusion, a free software project might require that procedure in
  > order to distribute code.  What the case at stake seems to
  > demonstrate so far.

Please, Andreas, you are completely off-base.

[ ... ]

Hi Stephen,

let's mention a point not touched so far.

Copyright makes sense with poems or story-telling maybe. A story lives by
themselves.
What does a line of code? It depends on thousands and millions other lines
written by other
 people or even by machine.

The founder-father of org-mode has already pointed at the multiple authorship
of the file in question.
Now what? Do we have several copyright-assignments aiming at the same file?
We will have that, as all or many files have more than one author.
With some exceptions it's impossible to maintain such a thing like authorship
WRT to files.

Cheers,

Andreas