Re: Copyright/Distribution questions (Emacs/Orgmode)

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: Copyright/Distribution questions (Emacs/Orgmode)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 13:03:04 -0500

Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:
>>   - Accept no further changes from him.
>>   - Don't let him post on the dev mailing lists any more, period.
>
>I may have a stinking personality.  But the code I write has a secular
>nature.  The code doesn't take the smell of the hand it types.

As W. Greenhouse also pointed out, the issue is not your code itself
(the quality of which is not in question) but the fact that people can't
count on your future code being usable in Emacs.  People can't count on
*their* investment in your code having the anticipated payoff, for them.
That makes your future contributions unsafe; ergo, Emacs should not
accept them.

I made this point pretty clearly in my orginal post, but make it again
here only in case anyone watching was thrown by your confusion of two
separate issues.