Re: Copyright/Distribution questions (Emacs/Orgmode)

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: Copyright/Distribution questions (Emacs/Orgmode)
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 07:39:18 +0100

Am 15.03.2013 01:42, schrieb Stephen J. Turnbull:
Richard Stallman writes:
  >     Ad hominem, Richard?  That's usually beneath you.
  >
  > It is not an ad-hominem attack, it is criticism of what you are
  > saying.

You dismissed the content of what I wrote, citing not the content, but
an attribution of intent to me.  That is, without doubt, argumentum ad
hominem.

Your attribution was also false.  I am genuinely concerned that the
FSF and I disagree over the scope of my assignments.

Hi Stephen,

sounds good and justified.

BTW can you remember a case, where the claimed purpose of the assignment came
into action?
I.e. did FSF act at US-courts based on it's Emacs copyright ownership?

Also: why is the famous assigment text hardly visible in the net throughout
years?

Best,

Andreas

  I don't know if
it matters enough to me to do something about it -- I'll have to think
about that -- but I was shocked by the breadth of the claim that you
seemed to be making.