Re: develop an emacs library

From: Ivan Kanis
Subject: Re: develop an emacs library
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 21:18:05 +0100

March, 14 at 18:30 Richard wrote:

> This might create vulnerabilities to sneaking around the GPL,
> so please don't.

I understand your concern.

However I have worked making proprietary software (I know, I know, one
has to make a living) for many years now. For the last 15 years I have
been told not to use GPL including LGPL libraries.

Why do you think a commercial company would use a elisp library? Every
commercial programmers I know write in C++, Java or C# these days. They
are too busy to try anything else.

Should we limit ourselves (here I include myself as a hobby free
developer) in fear that a company would use it?

It is easy to shoot and idea and I feel your stance is unfair.
--
For every person who wants to teach there are approximately thirty who
don't want to learn - much.