Re: Emacs 24.3 windows binaries are available

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs 24.3 windows binaries are available
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 10:43:36 +0200

> From: Uwe Siart <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 07:58:57 +0100
>
> Uwe Siart <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I will use this package now for productive work. Should some other issue
> > pop up I'll post it here.
>
> There are no more problems that I can realize until now (at least within
> my usecases). IMO this package could become the official windows binary
> distribution.

It would be better if libxml2 support were included in a distribution
we consider official and recommend for download.  I also don't
understand why GnuTLS 3.0.9 and libxml2 2.7.8 from the site advertised
in nt/INSTALL caused any trouble.  These 2 work for me, and AFAIK for
others.  If there are some problems with those binary distributions,
we should fix them, because we cannot advertise incompatible packages.
OTOH, if there's something wrong in Miguel's build procedures that
causes incompatibility, those procedures should be fixed.

Miguel, could you please report what was wrong with your original
build, and why you switched to a different binary of GnuTLS?