Re: FFI in Emacs

From: Noah Lavine
Subject: Re: FFI in Emacs
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 22:04:28 -0400

Hello,

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 9:51 PM, Leo Liu <address@hidden> wrote:
On 2013-03-23 03:44 +0800, BT Templeton wrote:
> Have you considered using Guile-Emacs as the basis for this?

Sounds exciting. Is there a plan for guile-emacs to be emacs?

I spend my time on Guile and not Emacs, but I believe the answer is, "in theory, maybe, at some point. But no concrete plan." That's been the answer for at least ten years.

However, there has been more progress in the last two years than there has in a long time, thanks to BT Templeton (and others). I believe there is even a repository containing a branch of Emacs that uses Guile as its execution engine. Maybe BT could tell you the status of that branch.

Best,
Noah