Re: [ELPA-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/elpa r374: company: Release 0.6.2

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [ELPA-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/elpa r374: company: Release 0.6.2
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 05:05:40 +0400

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

message:
  company: Release 0.6.2

Please include the usual description of changes in your ELPA commit
messages: there is no ChangeLog file, but the "bzr log" should give the
same information.

What's the recommended way to automatically pull commit messages from Git to Bazaar? What if the Git repo has some files that Bazaar doesn't?

At the moment there are two such files: Makefile and NEWS.md, the first of them doesn't seem right to be included in the package tar, and the second one doesn't have any license header, AFAIK there's no place to put it, but I expect that without it, the package won't build.

I'd also like to know if it's a new requirement: I've been "merging" changes from the upstream js2-mode repo for a while, and most of those commits also didn't have descriptive messages.