Re: Contributing to Emacs

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Contributing to Emacs
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 12:58:26 -0400

> I would like to support Emacs by writing documentation. Thank you.

Thank you very much.
We'd be very happy to have you help us with Emacs's documentation.
Here are the things we usually need w.r.t our documentation:
- Proof-reading the manuals.  That's also a great way to learn more
  about Emacs (even for "veterans" like myself).
  This is usually done together with reading the NEWS file to make sure
  that the manual has been updated.
- Translating the tutorial in some other language.
- Add documentation about some package/feature that isn't mentioned
  in the manual or doesn't have its own manual yet.
- Compare docstrings with the corresponding description in the manual
  (when applicable).  They usually shouldn't be identical, but they
  should not contradict each other.  Generally the manual gives a bit
  less details but more background/context.
Take your pick,

        Stefan