Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r112104: * progmodes/cfengine.el

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r112104: * progmodes/cfengine.el (cfengine-common-syntax): Add "_" to word syntax.
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 13:06:48 -0400

> The below simply adds a buffer-local `subword-superiority' defcustom
> which, when set, makes `subword-mode' treat symbol_words as a single
> word.  I named it to reflect the opposite behavior (the opposite of
> "sub" is usually "super", e.g. subscript vs. superscript).  Let me know
> what you think and if you'd rather see a separate mode or even a
> separate file instead.  IMO it's such a simple change that I'd rather
> not make it a big deal.

Using the same file sounds good (if we can come up with a good
encompassing name, we could rename it, but for now it can stay as it is).

So it mostly looks OK, except that rather than a defcustom, I'd prefer
to have a new superword-mode minor mode (and global-superword-mode,
which you already added).

> The only possible enhancement I'd want over the attached is to also make
> `subword-mode' override the CUA keyboard shortcuts (C-left, C-right),
> but I wasn't sure if that's OK in general.

Yes, that'd be good.

        Stefan