Re: On the subject of Git, Bazaar, and the future of Emacs development

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: On the subject of Git, Bazaar, and the future of Emacs development
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 09:07:50 -0400

> The maintainer says he is fixing some bugs, and I asked him
> just yesterday to fix the ELPA branch bug.
> I'd like to give him a reasonable time to do this.

I'm not interested.  GNU ELPA will move to Git, which will make lots of
things easier since it merges from various external branches, 99% of
which use Git (which currently forces me to do a good bit of gymnastics
to use bzr-git and then work around some of its limitations, which will
never be fixed because they can't really be called bugs).

        Stefan