Re: Abolishing ChangeLog files

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Abolishing ChangeLog files
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 13:50:00 +0300

> From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,
>     address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 19:11:24 +0900
>
> Eli Zaretskii writes:
>
>  > Possibly.  But I would expect numbers, even approximate (counting
>  > seconds is easy), instead of references to docs.
>
> It's hard to count seconds that would have passed if you didn't C-c
> out. ;-)

Well, I wouldn't expect anyone to type C-c less than 4 sec after
launching a command.  But if a lightweight checkout is being used, I
can understand all the rest, including the long times.  That is not
the recommended workflow, though.

> And since YMMV, the reference to docs shows that the Bazaar
> developers have acknowledged performance issues, even if not all
> users experience them.

I'd rather assume the docs are outdated.  Won't be the first time with
bzr.