Re: superword-mode

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: superword-mode
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 21:34:23 -0400

On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 17:18:34 -0400 Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

>> 1) use `forward-sexp' instead of `forward-symbol'
>> 2) implement a local version of `forward-symbol'
>> 3) autoload `forward-symbol'

SM> The problem with forward-sexp is that it won't do the same as
SM> forward-symbol if it bumps into a parenthesis along the way.
SM> Also if the user wants forward-sexp she can just use C-M-f.
SM> So for all these reasons I think option 1 is not very good.

SM> Note also that there's no reason why forward-symbol should be defined in
SM> thingatpt.el, so it could also be moved to subr.el.

OK; `superword-mode' is back to `forward-symbol' and I moved the
`forward-whitespace', `forward-symbol', and `forward-same-syntax'
commands to subr.el (reasoning that they are closely related, have no
external dependencies, and are very useful generally).

If that was not OK, please adjust accordingly.

Ted