Re: Resolving conflicts between gnulib and nt/inc headers

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Resolving conflicts between gnulib and nt/inc headers
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 00:21:59 +0300

> Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 12:00:11 -0700
> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
> One possibility would be to edit lib/Makefile.am
> to replace this line:
>
>  include gnulib.mk
>
> with something like this:
>
>  if WINDOWSNT
>  include ../nt/gnulib.mk
>  else
>  include gnulib.mk
>  endif

Thanks, this is indeed much cleaner.  I will see to making this
happen.

> Ideally the Emacs and Gnulib substitutes should be
> merged, of course, but that's a bigger project.

Indeed.  I actually considered that as an alternative, but the current
substitutes in Emacs are not easily extracted to separate files, and
some of them depend on non-trivial infrastructure that might not even
be appropriate for a general-purpose library.