cl-defstruct-based package.el, now with ert tests and no external tar!

From: Daniel Hackney
Subject: cl-defstruct-based package.el, now with ert tests and no external tar!
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 14:44:51 -0400

See http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/157754 for the previous
discussion.

I removed the use of an external "tar" command from my package.el
rewrite and humbly submit it once again for consideration.

https://github.com/haxney/emacs/tree/package-rewrite

It passes all the tests I've given it and is greatly cleaned up from
current version of package.el.

If it is accepted into the trunk, I would like to backport it to 24.3
so that improvements can be made and distributed to people (such as
package signing). We would obviously have to be very careful to avoid
breaking people's existing setups.

--
Daniel Hackney