Re: On the subject of Git, Bazaar, and the future of Emacs development

From: Barry Warsaw
Subject: Re: On the subject of Git, Bazaar, and the future of Emacs development
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 20:26:13 -0400

On Mar 27, 2013, at 01:15 PM, Richard Stallman wrote:

>The point is, I am trying to determine whether Bzr is effectively
>maintained or not.  I'd rather get a Yes answer than a No answer.

Given that Bazaar is GPL v2 and the contributor agreement is not that onerous
IMHO (e.g. you retain copyright to your contributed changes), what's stopping
the user community from stepping up to help to maintain it, just like any
other free software?

If it's lack of interest, then okay, that happens with projects all the time.

If it's something else, then please identify, as it may be possible to fix
organizational or other issues to make it easier for folks to contribute to
the project and move it along, regardless of Canonical's sponsorship.

Cheers,
-Barry