Re: On the subject of Git, Bazaar, and the future of Emacs development

From: Timur Aydin
Subject: Re: On the subject of Git, Bazaar, and the future of Emacs development
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 11:56:25 +0300

On 4/2/2013 3:31 AM, Barry Warsaw wrote:
FWIW, I tend to think that people like git because of github more than because
of git in particular.

I think the overwhelming reason that people like git is that it is very fast with very large repositories. I am developing on uClinux with a close to 2GBytes repository. With big repository sizes, git is really the only option by a very large margin ...

--
Timur Aydin