Re: On the subject of Git, Bazaar, and the future of Emacs development

From: Teemu Likonen
Subject: Re: On the subject of Git, Bazaar, and the future of Emacs development
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 18:13:17 +0300

Alan Mackenzie [2013-04-02 14:54:57 +0000] wrote:

> hg wins here hands down. Given how many commands there are in git,
> having to study multi-hundred line man pages here seems suboptimal.
> Indeed, having to learn git could be a barrier to participation in
> projects which use it.

There have been ideas why Git is inferior to its competitors. Yet it
became the leader. The masses chose it anyway. So actually I think the
opposite is true: it's a barrier if project does not use Git (the market
leader).

And few people study multi-hundred-line man pages because it's not
necessary. Yet the features and information are documented there in the
manuals, when one needs.