Re: On the subject of Git, Bazaar, and the future of Emacs development

From: chad
Subject: Re: On the subject of Git, Bazaar, and the future of Emacs development
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 11:12:37 -0700

On 02 Apr 2013, at 11:02, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

>> From: chad <address@hidden>
>> Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 10:57:03 -0700
>> Cc: "address@hidden Development" <address@hidden>
>>
>> I'm trying to help people (after rms asked) understand why, perhaps,
>> bzr development is in it's current sorry state. I clearly stated
>> up front that I was speculating and generalizing from my own
>> observations, rather than stating some truths about the universe.
>
> And I was trying to communicate that I think Stephen came much closer
> to the real reasons.

Ah, I missed that in your message.  I do not disagree with either
you or Stephen, and you/he are probably right about the primarily
causes.  I intended my message to point out additional issues,
since, for example, I doubt Barry Warsaw is dissuaded from working
on a project simply because it's implemented in Python. :-)

Thanks for helping me understand what you meant.

~Chad