Re: Emacs as the windows manager for graphical windows, How can I help?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs as the windows manager for graphical windows, How can I help?
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 20:44:30 -0400

> I only ask because in the past there has been some resistance to
> platform-specific functionality, though X does have special status also...

FWIW, the resistance is not "to platform-specific functionality" but "to
functionality that only works if you use proprietary Software"
(e.g. Windows-specific of OSX-specific).

In practice it basically means that X11 is given preferential treatment.
But if/when GNUstep support works well enough, you should be able to
argue for the addition of GNUstep-specific functionality (even if it
also works under OSX).

        Stefan