Re: Recent read-face patch breaks `M-x customize-face'

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: Recent read-face patch breaks `M-x customize-face'
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 13:56:15 -0500

On Fri Apr 5 2013 Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> Does customize-face depend on some bogus assumption that this
> commit has now rendered broken??

The patch of read-face-name made this function behave as promised by
its docstring.  This says that the arg DEFAULT should be a list of
faces.  (Previously, quite to the contrary, the actual code of
read-face-name assumed that DEFAULT should be a single string.)

When I installed the patch, I somehow overlooked that customize-face
calls read-face-name with DEFAULT having the value "all faces".
This is certainly not a very meaningful value to begin with.
So I guess the best fix is to replace "all faces" by nil.

Or am I once again overlooking something?

Roland