Re: Hit eassert introduced in r110971

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Hit eassert introduced in r110971
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2013 20:36:35 -0400

> And btw, why do we at all care here about the selected window?
> AFAICS, none of the code involved ever changes that.

As the comment indicates, this code needs to temporarily change the
selected frame, and hence the selected window.

> Or, if we do care (maybe some weird code that updates the tool bar can
> switch windows?), then simply saving and restoring it would be better
> than the assertion.

> Stefan, am I missing something?

AFAIK, if this assertion fails, it means we have a problem somewhere.
Not necessarily in update_tool_bar, but somewhere.  OTOH it is a problem
that will very rarely cause real trouble once you deactivate
the assertion.  So what we need to do is to add similar assertions
elsewhere to work our way up to the root of the problem.

        Stefan