Re: Hit eassert introduced in r110971

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Hit eassert introduced in r110971
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2013 05:49:32 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2013 20:36:35 -0400
>
> > And btw, why do we at all care here about the selected window?
> > AFAICS, none of the code involved ever changes that.
>
> As the comment indicates, this code needs to temporarily change the
> selected frame, and hence the selected window.

But we will immediately change the frame back, and with it the
window.  So I still don't see the problem.

> AFAIK, if this assertion fails, it means we have a problem somewhere.
> Not necessarily in update_tool_bar, but somewhere.

update_tool_bar is in this case called repeatedly for every frame we
have.  For each frame, it needs to make that frame the selected frame,
in order to do its job.  It doesn't care about the selected window,
and neither does its caller (redisplay_internal), because this code is
supposed to loop over all the frames.

So why do you think we have a problem here?