recursive edit in ispell sessions

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: recursive edit in ispell sessions
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2013 21:44:55 +0200

Hi,

I think the most common use of entering a recursive edit in an ispell
session (C-r) would be to modify the checked buffer - especially, to
substitute the currently checked word with some other text.  But
whenever I exit the recursive edit (C-M-c), the deleted text reappears
and is highlighted again as unknown Try it with emacs -Q!

My question: can we improve that?  If this most simple case - replacing
the current word - is not possible, we shouldn't IMHO advertise C-r in
`ispell-help' etc.  Or did I miss something?

Thanks,

Michael.