Re: desktop.el: autosave?

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: Re: desktop.el: autosave?
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 12:04:38 +0100

On 11 April 2013 09:29, Juri Linkov <address@hidden> wrote:
Update the timer for next auto-saving.
Cancel the previous timer and run a new timer when the number
of seconds between auto-saves is a positive integer.

Thanks very much! The only thing I would say is that to a mathmetician the above docstring sounds as though the new timer will be run when the number of seconds between auto-saves is *any* positive integer, wheras presumably you mean that the argument should be a positive integer. Further, it sounds as though the timer will not be cancelled if the number of seconds between auto-saves is not a positive integer. I suggest:

Reset the auto-save timer.
Cancel any previous timer. When `desktop-auto-save-timeout' is a positive integer, start a new timer to call `desktop-auto-save' in that many seconds.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org