Re: MS-Windows build using Posix configury

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: MS-Windows build using Posix configury
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 15:15:38 -0400

Paul Eggert wrote:

> My way (of course :-).  The main idea is to move this out of
> configure.ac, because the full power and high cost of Autoconf
> isn't needed here.

This has never been a consideration in my mind when converting things
from old-school Emacs build-style to autoconf. There's probably tons of
stuff that falls into the above category. I have never considered the
speed of configure an issue. Why is MS Windows any different to eg AIX,
unixware, or any of the other platforms that almost no-one uses but
configure.ac handles? I don't know how many people will end up using
configure on MS Windows, but if it is > 1 it probably still beats AIX...