Re: emacs-xwidget at GSoC 2013

From: xfq
Subject: Re: emacs-xwidget at GSoC 2013
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 15:53:28 +0800

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 4:09 AM, Daimrod <address@hidden> wrote:
> Greetings to all!

Hi,

> I am interested in participating in Google Summer of Code this year
> and I would like to contribute to Emacs, especially to the
> emacs-xwidget branch.

Thank you very much.

> I have already asked to Joakim Verona to be my mentor for this
> project, because I think he is the most fitted person for this task.
>
> I am a French student in CompSci (with a speciality in NLP) and I have
> experience with both C and Lisp (Emacs Lisp and Common Lisp).
>
> I have used Emacs for 4 years and though I haven't contributed to Emacs
> directly, I frequently write elisp[1] and contribute to Org Mode.

I wrote a welcome guide for newcomers several days ago[1], HTH.  This
guide is not specially written for GSoC, but for contributing to Emacs
in general.  I'd be glad to add information about Emacs in GSoC, but I
don't have time now.

Footnote:

[1] http://xfq.yuyii.com/contribute.html

--