Re: MS-Windows build using Posix configury

From: Dani Moncayo
Subject: Re: MS-Windows build using Posix configury
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 21:32:12 +0200

> Windows users are encouraged to try this.  The diffs below will create
> a file nt/INSTALL.MSYS with detailed instructions for how to build
> this way; please read it before you try the build.  (Actually, about
> 85% of the job is just to set up a working MSYS installation, which
> therefore takes the lion's share of the instructions.)

Thanks Eli.

I've applied your patch to a local branch, and tried to follow the
instructions in nt/INSTALL.MSYS, but I've failed to build Emacs.

I've installed the MinGW using the "mingw-get" installer and, besides
the default packages it installs by default, I've installed these two:
* msys-base
* mingw-developer-toolkit

I think that, with this, I should have all the required packages you
mention in INSTALL.MSYS.

I've also verified that I have the MinGW "bin" directory on PATH, but
not the MSYS "bin" directory.

But when I go to the root of my local branch and do "./autogen.sh", I
get this error:

  Checking whether you have the necessary tools...
  (Read INSTALL.BZR for more details on building Emacs)

  Checking for autoconf (need at least version 2.65)...
  ok
  Checking for automake (need at least version 1.11)...
  ok
  Your system has the required tools, running autoreconf...
  Can't locate Autom4te/ChannelDefs.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/mingw/share/autoconf /usr/lib/perl5/5.8/msys /usr/lib/perl5/5.8
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8/msys /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8/msys
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8 .) at
/c/MinGW/bin/autoreconf-2.68 line 40.
  BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /c/MinGW/bin/autoreconf-2.68 line 40.

Do you know what's the problem here?

TIA.