imenu-level-separator

From: fgallina
Subject: imenu-level-separator
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 16:44:22 -0300

As I was looking for existing code to display the imenu prompt with a
flattened version of the index alist, I found out this defcustom which
doesn't seem to be used anywere.

It seems it was used until revno 21853[0].

Do we have something to achieve the same thing in the existing codebase?
if so I can't seem to find it.

When reading imenu items from minibuffer I don't like navigating defun
names by hitting RET, I rather would like completion to be performed on
a flattened version of the alist separated with dots (in the Python
case). So as I'm about to implement something like that to python.el,
perhaps there's interest for this to be added to imenu core itself.

Regards,
Fabián.