Re: MS-Windows build using Posix configury

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: MS-Windows build using Posix configury
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 09:34:10 +0300

> Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 00:03:38 +0200
> From: Dani Moncayo <address@hidden>
> Cc: Emacs development discussions <address@hidden>
>
> >> Do you know what's the problem here?
> >
> > Yes: you didn't follow the instructions to the letter ;-) As result
> > you seem to have a botched Autoconf installation which lacks this
> > file.
>
> Sorry, I just tried to avoid manual installation of packages, and use
> (exclusively) the mingw-get package manager instead (which seems more
> convenient to me).

Yes, I can understand that.

> When I have time, I'll try to manually install the distributions of
> Automake and Autoconf that you mention in INSTALL.MSYS.

If you succeeded in building Emacs in the meantime, perhaps wait with
uninstalling until (and unless) you actually bump into problems.  I
did some minimal testing with the latest versions of autotools (which
you seem to have) as well, and didn't see any trouble.  So it is
possible that your current setup is OK as it is.  I just cannot vouch
for those versions as well as I can for the versions I mentioned in
INSTALL.MSYS.