Integrating new "GNU Emacs Contributing Guide" into Emacs web pages.

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Integrating new "GNU Emacs Contributing Guide" into Emacs web pages.
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 11:54:15 -0500

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:
>> I don't have edit rights on (c), as far as I know, so I hope someone
>
>Anyone with commit rights to Emacs has commit rights to the web pages.
>
>http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=emacs

Thank you.

Any objections if I integrate Xue Fuqiao's guide into those pages in
some reasonable way?  (Which I'm not defining here only because I'll
figure it out if/when we're generally agreed this is a Good Thing.)

I think the guide is a very good start.  I might make a few edits before
integrating, and would expect further edits over time, but I don't think
it needs to be perfect to be posted.  It contains a lot of useful
information.  One change I would probably make right away is to have the
document link to the mailing list threads Xue Fuqiao listed in his
original post on this topic.

Xue, what was the original format of the document?  LaTeX or Docbook?
(I think if we integrate it into the web site, we should probably just
use the HTML version as master, to keep things simple, but maybe there
is a reason to generate HTML from another format?)

-Karl