Re: x-display-pixel-width/height inconsistency

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: x-display-pixel-width/height inconsistency
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 11:58:15 +0200

Hello.

29 apr 2013 kl. 04:27 skrev YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <address@hidden>:

> I found a couple of trivial mistakes in the patch:
>
>  * In x_get_monitor_attributes:
>    `XRenderQueryExtension' should be `XRRQueryExtension'.
>
>  * In x_make_monitor_attribute_list:
>    `return attributes_list' is missing at the end.

Good, I've fixed those in the new patch (attached).

> This guess was not right.  GDK rejects XRandR in Xquartz and uses
> Xinerama instead.  The distinction is made by comparing the output
> name with "default".
>
> in init_randr13 (gdkscreen-x11.c):
>
>      XRROutputInfo *output =
>       XRRGetOutputInfo (dpy, resources, resources->outputs[i]);
>
>      /* Non RandR1.2 X driver have output name "default" */
>      randr12_compat |= !g_strcmp0 (output->name, "default");

I did not know that.  I've made adjustments for this in the patch, tested on
XQuartz which indeed does not seem to have a 1.2-compatible driver.  Strange
that.

I also added name and source (the latter mostly for debugging) to the Lisp
structure returned.
I also check for XRRGetScreenResourcesCurrent in configure as that is a 1.3
version function.

        Jan D.