Re: MS-Windows build using Posix configury

From: Dani Moncayo
Subject: Re: MS-Windows build using Posix configury
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 08:43:19 +0200

>> Indeed, I didn't have pkg-config installed, sorry (I thought that the
>> packages auto-installed by mingw-get were enough already).
>
> pkg-config is not a MinGW package, so mingw-get knows nothing about
> it.

Do you mean that "pkg-config" is a MSYS package (as opposed to being a
MinGW package)?  In that case, it might be installed (or uninstalled)
with mingw-get (if it was included in the package repository), because
the package manager handles both MinGW and MSYS packages.

I have two more questions:

Manually installing a package consists of just expanding the
compressed file under a suitable directory.  But then, how can someone
remove (or replace with a newer version) one package installed in such
way?

How can someone make a binary distribution of Emacs for Windows, using
the new MSYS build system?

TIA.

--
Dani Moncayo