Re: Any exceptions for the 15-line rule?

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Any exceptions for the 15-line rule?
Date: Thu, 02 May 2013 13:28:15 -0400

Dmitry Gutov wrote:

> https://github.com/mooz/js2-mode/pull/100.diff

Well, the list of reserved-words could easily have been written on a
couple of lines. It's just spread out into multiple lines due to
formatting. The real change there is just the removal of, what, ~ 10
words? Plus the doc string, total change ~ 4-5 lines IMO.

> What if the diff was adding new elements (like the reverse of this
> diff would do)? Would I be able to discount those lines then, on the
> basis that this is just copying information from the specification?

I don't really know. It's true that in the past we have been told that
information "forced by the interface" is not subject to copyright.
I'd err on the side of counting such lines though.