Re: MS-Windows build using Posix configury

From: Dani Moncayo
Subject: Re: MS-Windows build using Posix configury
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 23:42:08 +0200

>>            (cd ${thisdir}; \
>>             /bin/install-info --info-dir=c:/usr/share/info
>> c:/usr/share/info/$elt); \
>>          done)
>> install-info: No such file or directory for /usr/share/info/emacs.info
>> install-info: No such file or directory for /usr/share/info/eintr.info
>
> You installed the MSYS Texinfo package, didn't you?

Not explicitly.  I think it is part of the `msys-info' package.

BTW, that is the only Texinfo I've ever used, even for producing the
info files whenever I've bootstrapped Emacs.

>  My guess is that
> it doesn't support compressed Info files, so it thinks they are not
> there.  What does "install-info --version" say in the MSYS Bash
> window?

  $ install-info --version
  install-info (GNU texinfo) 4.13

> If nothing gives a clue, I suggest to uninstall the MSYS Texinfo
> package and install the MinGW port of Texinfo from my site instead.
> That's what I used.  If you decide to go this way, make sure you also
> have a MinGW gzip.

ok, I'll try it if I don't see where is the problem with my MSYS Texinfo.

Thanks.

--
Dani Moncayo