Re: x-display-pixel-width/height inconsistency

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: x-display-pixel-width/height inconsistency
Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 10:04:56 +0900

Jan and I are currently improving the patch for multi-monitor support
on X11 off the list.

Stefan, which should we use for the name of the primitive,
x-display-monitor-attributes-list or display-monitor-attributes-list ?
I thought your previous post below meant that the platform-specific
implementations (primitives) should be prefixed as x-*, w32-*, or
ns-*, and the main Lisp function without a prefix should dispatch to
them.  But what actually happened to display-usable-bounds was to name
an NS-specific implementation without a prefix.  So I'm confused.

  Actually, better *not* use an "x-" prefix for the main name.  I.e. name
  it "display-usable-bounds".  It's implementation may just check the
  display used by the selected frame and dispatch to
  x-display-usable-bounds,  w32-display-usable-bounds,
  mac-display-usable-bounds, ...
  (http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2007-12/msg00166.html)

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden