Re: GSoC 2013

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: GSoC 2013
Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 15:01:05 +0200

> Daimrod writes:
>
>  > From what I've seen, Emacs [doesn't need to do any of the things
>  > that are required of suborgs in some other umbrella orgs].  As
>  > you've pointed out, Emacs doesn't have an ideas page, and only two
>  > students have expressed themselves after I've told I wanted to
>  > participate to the GSoC. Besides, Emacs doesn't need to be a formal
>  > organization because it is under the GNU umbrella.
>
> I wonder what Carol and Cat would say.  But I won't ask.

When you "refactor" what someone says, it would be fair to explicitely
say so, instead of just relying on the weak convention that [..] means
that *you* put what you want in the square brackets.

Also, I don't get the point of the whole thread: if you think Emacs
does not deserve to get one or more GSoC slots from the GNU project,
fine.  I doubt Google (aka "Carol and Cat") wants to assess the way
Orgs organize themselves to allocate slots.

--
 Bastien