Re: Calendar-mode and show-trailing-whitespace

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Calendar-mode and show-trailing-whitespace
Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 17:24:34 -0400

>> Does anyone think that calendar-mode should bind show-trailing-whitespace
>> to nil?
> I don't.  I think that rather you should not enable
> show-trailing-whitespace globally if you don't like the results.

FWIW I disagree.  Most people who enable show-trailing-whitespace
globally just do it because they like their files to be "whitespace
clean", and couldn't care less about "whitespace cleanliness" of
internally generated text as long as it doesn't make its way into
their files.

So I think it would be good to set show-trailing-whitespace to nil in
such packages known to output trailing whitespace in their
special buffers.

        Stefan