Re: C-x C-e with prefix arg

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: C-x C-e with prefix arg
Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 01:31:03 +0300

> So if you want to go with your proposal rather than what I suggested in this
> thread, please do so.  But please stop saying that it is my proposal.

In fact, I see your two proposals:

1. Add a prefix arg to `C-x C-e' to control the variables
  `eval-expression-print-level' and `eval-expression-print-length'.
  This was the first question in your message that started this thread:
  "How about letting the particular prefix arg control whether to print
   the full value?"

2. And your second question was "How about letting a non-negative prefix arg
   insert the full value?".  Your second proposal changes the default behavior
   of `C-x C-e' to insert the full value by default.

I agreed that the first is an improvement, but have doubts about the second.