Re: using glyphs by default in perl-mode

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: using glyphs by default in perl-mode
Date: Thu, 09 May 2013 20:58:26 +0200

Am 09.05.2013 19:22, schrieb Stefan Monnier:
Does char-displayable-p detect that this glyph cannot be displayed in
your environment?

It might/should when he uses LANG=C but not when he uses a utf-8 environment.

If so, perhaps we could have the cake and eat it, too.

I don't think we can (even less so if you consider emacsclient use).

But most of the people I showed it to liked the feature, which is why
I'd like to keep it ON by default, even though it's obviously not
a terribly important feature.

         Stefan

Hi Stefan,

in cases, something might do some good mostly, but fails sometimes, isn't it
wise to keep it off by default?
IMO reliability weights more than feature/fanciness.

Cheers,

Andreas