Re: Bootstrap deleted DOC-nnn file

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Bootstrap deleted DOC-nnn file
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 12:49:00 -0400

Another use of not deleting the old executables and DOC files
is that I would be able to tell, roughly, when I got the sources
last.  That might help me track down the mysterious bug
that converts multibyte characters to unibyte characters as I edit.

Right now I have no idea how long ago I had previously recompiled,
whether it was a few weeks ago or a few months ago.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation