Re: Bootstrap deleted DOC-nnn file

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Bootstrap deleted DOC-nnn file
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 19:47:02 -0400

    No, they don't, but if the reference is found to be pointing to a wrong
    place, the Snarf-documentation is called again to reset the offsets, so
    the references work again.
    I know, because I've been using such a configuration for many years now.

I recall that C-h f did not work in the old Emacs that I continued running
for a while after the bootstrap.  Maybe there is a bug in this in some
circumstances.

Next time I bootstrap (I try not to do it often) I will try to
remember to note down details.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation