Re: MS-Windows build using Posix configury

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: MS-Windows build using Posix configury
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 09:00:51 +0300

> Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 19:23:13 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> With this out of my way, I need to update the branch to handle the
> changes in the configury committed lately to the trunk, to handle the
> ACL portability.  (I was actually hoping that something like this
> would happen, because I want to see how much effort is needed to make
> such adaptations.)  Before I adapt to that change, I cannot merge my
> branch onto the trunk, because the result will most probably fail to
> compile.  I hope to do that in a couple of days, and then I'll merge
> and announce.
>
> Stay tuned, and thanks for encouragement.

I'm almost done.  Adapting to the new gnulib module was easy, which is
really good news.

There's one minor issue, though.  qset-acl.c didn't compile, because
it requires the acl_delete_def_file function:

  gcc  -std=gnu99 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I/d/gnu/bzr/emacs/msys-build/lib
-I../src -I/d/gnu/bzr/emacs/msys-build/src    -mtune=pentium4  -DGLYPH_DEBUG=1
-DUSE_CRT_DLL=1 -I /d/gnu/bzr/emacs/msys-build/nt/inc    -O0 -gdwarf-2 -g3 -MT
qset-acl.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/qset-acl.Tpo -c -o qset-acl.o qset-acl.c
  qset-acl.c:71:6: #error Must have acl_delete_def_file (see POSIX 1003.1e
draft 17).
  qset-acl.c: In function `qset_acl':
  qset-acl.c:127: warning: implicit declaration of function
`acl_delete_def_file'
  Makefile:1449: recipe for target `qset-acl.o' failed
  make[2]: *** [qset-acl.o] Error 1

I was able to get past that by removing qset-acl.c from this line in
nt/gnulib.mk:

  libgnu_a_SOURCES += acl-errno-valid.c file-has-acl.c qcopy-acl.c qset-acl.c

However, I'd rather not remove parts of gnulib modules, I prefer to
either include the whole module or none of it.  Perhaps some simple
change in qset-acl.c would be possible to work around this issue?
After all qcopy_acl will not be called by the Windows build, so it is
not important what it does.

Alternatively, perhaps the qacl module could be broken into 2: one
that includes the acl-errno-valid.c file, which is the only one the
Windows build really needs, the other with the rest.  Then the Windows
build could use only the former.

Paul, can you help me out here?  Thanks.