Re: MS-Windows build using Posix configury

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: MS-Windows build using Posix configury
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 09:56:42 +0300

> Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 23:31:26 -0700
> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
> On 05/15/2013 11:00 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > However, I'd rather not remove parts of gnulib modules, I prefer to
> > either include the whole module or none of it.
>
> Even the POSIX build configuration isn't that rigid: for example,
> it omits m4/fcntl-o.m4 and m4/warn-on-use.m4 even though they're
> part of the corresponding gnulib modules.  If the Windows port
> doesn't need to compile qset-acl.c then it sounds simpler to
> just omit qset-acl.c from nt/gnulib.mk.

That's fine with me, thanks.  Do you also feel that some minor change
in qset-acl.c, to cause the compilation fall back on chmod_or_fchmod,
is not justified?  That would allow to compile that file.

And another question: what is the difference between the files
mentioned in libgnu_a_SOURCES and those in EXTRA_libgnu_a_SOURCES?
Like here:

  ## begin gnulib module qacl

  libgnu_a_SOURCES += acl-errno-valid.c file-has-acl.c qcopy-acl.c

  EXTRA_DIST += acl-internal.h acl.h acl_entries.c

  EXTRA_libgnu_a_SOURCES += acl_entries.c

  ## end   gnulib module qacl