Interrupting an emacs server from outside emacs

From: Renaud Casenave-Péré
Subject: Interrupting an emacs server from outside emacs
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 21:04:25 +0900

Hi,

I am trying to control emacs from outside, and while it is quite easy to execute
a command using emacsclient --eval, if that command is stuck for whatever
reason, I would like to be able to interrupt it, as I would type C-g from emacs,
but remotely.

for example, if I execute this from a terminal:

emacsclient -e "(sleep-for 50)"

I would like to be able to cancel the sleep command from the terminal like this:

emacsclient -e "(keyboard-quit)"

or something. Being called keyboard-quit, I know it wasn't designed to be used
from the terminal, but this being emacs, surely there is way? Using emacsclient
or with unix signals, or something else.

Does anybody know such a trick?

Thanks,

--
Renaud Casenave-Péré