Re: MS-Windows build using Posix configury

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: MS-Windows build using Posix configury
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 09:02:43 +0300

> Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 01:02:53 +0400
> From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
> CC: Dani Moncayo <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>
> Now that I got to compilation, "make -j2" freezes the process soon after
> start (I've tried it several times), here's the whole log:
> [...]
> Is that what is meant by not "supporting parallel execution"?

Yes.  Get a snapshot of MSYS Make, if you want -j.

> configure.bat took ~15 seconds, msysconfig.sh takes a couple of minutes,
> the following compilation is about the same, I think.
> autogen.sh takes some time, too.

But you seldom if ever need to run msysconfig.sh at all.  Just run
"make" all the time, it will automatically re-run configure if
necessary.

> Speaking of stability, I've seen it crash a few times during exit,
> around the time it complains about inability to write ACL.

That's most probably unrelated: you are probably a member of the
Administrators group, which means you need to fix the permissions for
the ~/.emacs.d directory, so it is owned by your user, not by the
Administrators group.